Anime World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Art Contest?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Art Contest? Empty Art Contest? Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:03 pm

martialmichael126

martialmichael126
Shinpachi

I was just wondering if anybody would be interested in an art contest. Perhaps for signatures and avatars.

The way it would work is we pick a theme, make the sig/avatar, and after a week we vote. The winner gets to pick the next theme.

I figure if we can get at least 5 people in on this, it'd be a blast.

2Art Contest? Empty Re: Art Contest? Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:30 pm

AnimeLover6210

AnimeLover6210
Lelouch

how do you do that?

3Art Contest? Empty Re: Art Contest? Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:48 pm

Zero

Zero
Shinpachi

I'm all for the idea... But we should have one user (An admin) pick the theme...

4Art Contest? Empty Re: Art Contest? Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:18 am

Fuji

Fuji
Yamcha

why not just make a SOTW contest and let everyone just contribute a collaboration of things at least just to keep us busy and motivated to share a great mixture of culture and love for anime/manga

5Art Contest? Empty Re: Art Contest? Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:26 am

Zero

Zero
Shinpachi

Yeah, that's more of what I was thinking xD
I just didn't know how I should say it :/

6Art Contest? Empty Re: Art Contest? Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:36 am

martialmichael126

martialmichael126
Shinpachi

Fuji wrote:why not just make a SOTW contest and let everyone just contribute a collaboration of things at least just to keep us busy and motivated to share a great mixture of culture and love for anime/manga

That's the general idea of the contest. The way I figure, perhaps LordXanxus could pick the first theme, and it can go from there.

The themes of course wouldn't be spicific like "Lucky Star Sigs" but something like "Energy" or "Wisdom" or even "Underdog" and we design signatures based on that.

7Art Contest? Empty Re: Art Contest? Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:56 am

AnimeLover6210

AnimeLover6210
Lelouch

I'm even more confused, I think...

8Art Contest? Empty Re: Art Contest? Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:18 pm

martialmichael126

martialmichael126
Shinpachi

AnimeLover6210 wrote:I'm even more confused, I think...

It's okay, let me try simplifying it for you. (forgive me if I go overboard). bad poker face

We hold a signature of the week contest, with a theme. For example, my signature is the graphic you see on all my posts that says "LAZAH SIGHTS!!!" That's what we'll be making. Those graphics. We can do it in Photoshop ($$$) GIMP (Free) or whatever else we have at our disposal (Like paint.net or even Microsoft paint).

We base the graphic we design on the theme. For example, if the theme is "master and student" we design a signature with Mr. Miyagi and Daniel, Piccolo and Gohan, or anything else you can think of.

If you're still lost, just watch the first contest, and you'll get the idea. (Assuming we have it, I don't believe we have a definitive yes or no from anyone yet.)

9Art Contest? Empty Re: Art Contest? Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:25 pm

AnimeLover6210

AnimeLover6210
Lelouch

good. cause I don't think I have windows paint

10Art Contest? Empty Re: Art Contest? Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:14 am

Fuji

Fuji
Yamcha

AnimeLover6210 wrote:good. cause I don't think I have windows paint

you can download GIMP as its free for all inspiring artist. Just google or search GIMP or just click the link below

GIMP

11Art Contest? Empty Re: Art Contest? Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:06 pm

AnimeLover6210

AnimeLover6210
Lelouch

oh, okay. (later, it's confusing to me)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum